Below is a video tutorial I recorded that shows the process of designing the logo “archfold” as shown below. I used the new Illustrator CS6 entirely. The video is beneath this preview:
Here’s a brief run-down of the different techniques involved in the design of this logo.
- To create a perfect circle, hold SHIFT & ALT, left click and drag.
- To divide shapes, select the top shape layer and go to Object -> Path -> Divide objects below.
- To re-adjust either a radial or linear gradient, hit the “G” key.
- To duplicate a layer, select the layer and hit CTRL-C and then CTRL-F.
- To move an object along a perfect horizontal path, hold the SHIFT button while dragging (OR) use the left and right arrow keys.
- To quickly adjust the color of a group of shapes with either solid colors or gradients, select the object and go to Edit -> Edit Colors and choose the most suitable option.
- To create a pattern, select the object and visit Object -> Pattern -> Make.
And that’s it! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.